US President Donald Trump has threatened to issue a state of emergency to build a wall on the border with Mexico. He said that if the ongoing deadlock in the various government agencies and institutions in the third week of December is ready for the year, then he is ready for that. President Trump said this at a press conference on Friday in the White House. Responding to a question from journalists, Trump threatened to stop the Federal government's work year after year to require it. Trump said, 'I said so, I said exactly the same. I do not think it will be. But I'm ready for that. "The US president also said, 'I'm proud of what I'm doing. I do not call it a stop, I tell it, what is to be done for our country's interests and security. ' Asked whether Trump was thinking of exercising the emergency power to avoid congressional approval of allocation of money, he told journalists, "I can do it. We can announce emergency and build walls quickly. This is a different way to do the job. ' The BBC said the same day the Democratic Party's top leaders were also meeting with the trump in the White House. They said they are ready to discuss the financing separately for the wall and that the government has called it as unreasonable. On the issue of budget allocation for the construction of the walls on the US-Mexico border, the activities of a federal government were stopped from December 22. As a result, eight million federal employees are not getting any wages. Democrats have objected to $ 500 million for trump demand to build security walls on the border with Mexico. Trump said, he will not sign any budget proposal until he pays his claim. Democrats, on the other hand, will not agree to pay more than one paisa more than $ 130 million. After two weeks of closure, the government employee was denied by the government. When asked about Trump on Friday's press conference, he said that the issue of national security is much more important than getting regular pay. He claimed, most of the people of the country agreed with his claim. According to the latest opinion poll, 47 percent of the people blamed the trump to stop the federal government. The number of Americans who blamed the Democrats is 33 percent.
Mamta Bandyopadhyay is the best Chief Minister of India. For the overall development of the state, the Scotch Chief Minister of the Year Award. On behalf of the Scotch Group, on Twitter, she was greeted with affection and said, 'She has taken the administration to the peak of progress. In all the states where the administration has done well, in the year 2018, Mamta Bandyopadhyay's government has a place on top of them. The West Bengal government has received 31 scots of the total. Not just for running the administration. It has been said that the state government has also been honored in this award for the development of culture, money, village and city. Prior to this, Mamata Banerjee and her government received honor from the state for the Kanyasree project. The project started with the aim of reaching the peasantry of the state's daughters in the field of development. Which has received great praise from all sections of the society. Mamta Bandyopadhyay's government was given a scotch for successful implementation of the 100-day work project.
Belgian Prime Minister Charles Mitchell submitted his resignation over the immigration dispute. News The Guardian Support for the new United Nations immigration agreement began in Belgium. Due to the new agreement, the number of immigrants in Belgium is likely to increase. However, the prime minister's commentary was immigrant, she said in support of her. Since then, there has been a kind of criticism against Charles across the country. Charles said at the Belgian parliament session on Tuesday that I took the decision to resign. I'm going to meet the king now. Michelle, the King of Belize, has already made his decision. However, the King Philip of the country is now to see whether he will accept his resignation. Belgian parliamentary elections are scheduled to be held in May next year.
Police in the city of Berlin in a mosque raided the country's police. Police claim that the Imam Imam helped the IS militants in Syria. News Reuters. German prosecutors said that he financed this because terrorists can continue criminal activities. The operation was carried out on Tuesday in the northern city of Warden's As-Shaba mosque in Berlin. The operation was carried out on charges of financing militants against the Imam of the mosque named Ahmed. However, no comment from the Imam or any of his lawyers was found in this regard. Earlier, in 2016, police conducted raids in more than 200 flat houses, offices and two mosques in connection with an Islamist organization. The organization was accused of trying to collect warriors for the militant Islamic State (IS)
The security panel, formed by the US President Donald Trump, suggested on Tuesday that schools in the United States can consider the issue of keeping an armed staff. News AFP In February, after the murder of a educational institute in Florida, in Florida, a Federal Commission was constituted for the school security panel led by Education Minister Betsey Dves. In the school attack, 17 people were killed. A former student of the school carried out the attack. This led to massive protests across the country demanding control of arms. The commission has rejected the demand for increasing the minimum age required for purchase of guns. Their 180-page report argued that most of the people who attacked the school got their weapons from family members or friends. Instead, they advised to keep armed staff for the sake of quickly addressing school safety and violence. The commission's recommendation further said, in this case, the school authorities can appoint experienced military and police officers.
Facebook has blocked hundreds of pages, groups and accounts linked to Myanmar's army for spreading false information and hate speech against minority Rohingyas. Facebook said on Wednesday that 425 pages in Myanmar, 17 groups, 135 accounts and 15 Instagram accounts were closed. These platforms were apparently news, entertainment, fashion and lifestyle based. But in reality, the involvement of the Myanmar army with these pages has been found. Last year, allegations of harassment of Rohingyas were made by posting hostile posts using these pages, groups and accounts. The news agency AFP reported that Facebook is the most popular and powerful media in Myanmar. Tensions have been created over the past few years by provocative posts against Rohingya in the country on Facebook. After this, extreme torture came down on Rohingyas last year. In addition, the country's army forces carried out extreme torture on Rohingya. More than 700,000 Rohingyas flee the country. Facebook authorities have called the activities of Myanmar as abominable. Besides, Facebook authorities closed Myanmar's Facebook page groups and accounts for the third time in this regard. References: South China Morning Post, US News, AFP.
US senators say they are more certain than ever after a private CIA briefing that the Saudi crown prince had a role in the murder of a journalist. In a blistering attack, Senator Lindsey Graham said he had "high confidence" Mohammed bin Salman was complicit in the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, BBC reported. The South Carolina Republican described the Saudi royal as "a wrecking ball", "crazy" and "dangerous". The Saudis have charged 11 people but deny the crown prince was involved. Members of the Senate's Committee on Foreign Relations did not mince words after the briefing by CIA Director Gina Haspel on Tuesday. "There is not a smoking gun - there is a smoking saw," Graham said, referring to Khashoggi's alleged dismemberment in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October. The senator said he could not support Saudi Arabia's involvement in the war in Yemen or arms sales to the Saudi government as long as the crown prince remained in power. Senator Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat, echoed those views. He said the US must "send a clear and unequivocal message that such actions are not acceptable in the world's stage". Another senator, Bob Corker, told reporters, using the crown prince's initials: "I have zero question on my mind that the crown prince MBS ordered the killing." The Tennessee Republican added: "If he was in front of a jury, he would be convicted in 30 minutes. Guilty." Corker suggested that US President Donald Trump had condoned the murder of a journalist by refusing to condemn the Saudi crown prince. Fellow Republican Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama said: "Now the question is, how do you separate the Saudi crown prince and his group from the nation?" The Senate is planning to vote on a proposal to end US military support to the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen, after members of both parties advanced the resolution last week. Senator Chris Murphy, who was not privy to Tuesday's briefing, criticised the Trump administration. "Not everything needs to be secret," the Connecticut Democrat tweeted. "If our government knows that Saudi leaders were involved in the murder of a US resident, why shouldn't the public know this?" The CIA has concluded Mohammed bin Salman "probably ordered" the killing of Khashoggi. The spy agency has evidence he exchanged messages with Saud al-Qahtani, who allegedly oversaw the Saudi reporter's murder. The CIA director -- who has reportedly heard an audio recording of the murder -- did not attend a recent congressional briefing by cabinet members, dismaying lawmakers. The White House denied having a hand in Ms Haspel's conspicuous absence, and the CIA said no one had told Haspel not to attend. At last week's hearing, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defence Secretary James Mattis told senators there was no direct evidence of the crown prince's involvement in Khashoggi's death. Trump has said the CIA findings on the crown prince were not conclusive. On November 20, he said: "It could very well be that the crown prince had knowledge of this tragic event - maybe he did and maybe he didn't."
Russia has fired on and seized three Ukrainian naval vessels off the Crimean Peninsula in a major escalation of tensions between the two countries. Two gunboats and a tug were captured by Russian forces. A number of Ukrainian crew members were injured. Each country blames the other for the incident. On Monday Ukrainian MPs are due to vote on declaring martial law. The crisis began when Russia accused the Ukrainian ships of illegally entering its waters. The Russians placed a tanker under a bridge in the Kerch Strait - the only access to the Sea of Azov, which is shared between the two countries. During a meeting of Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council, President Petro Poroshenko described the Russian actions as "unprovoked and crazy". Russia has requested an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, which US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says has been called for 11:00 New York time (16:00 GMT) on Monday. Tensions have recently risen in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov off the Crimean peninsula - annexed by Russia in 2014. In the morning, Ukraine's Berdyansk and Nikopol gunboats, and the Yana Kapa tug, tried to sail from the Black Sea port of Odessa to Mariupol in the Sea of Azov. Ukraine says the Russians tried to intercept the ships, ramming the tug. The vessels continued towards the Kerch Strait, but were prevented by the tanker. Russia scrambled two fighter jets and two helicopters to the area. It accused the ships of illegally entering its waters and said the traffic had been suspended for security reasons. The Ukrainian navy later said the boats had been hit and disabled as they tried to leave the area. It said six crew members had been injured. Russia's FSB later confirmed that one of its patrol boats had used force to seize the three Ukrainian vessels but said only three sailors had been wounded. Ukraine said it had informed the Russians of its plan to move its ships through the sea to Mariupol. [i]Source: BBC[/i]
At least 22 police officers have been killed in a Taliban ambush in Afghanistan's western Farah province, an Afghan official said. Dadullah Qaneh, a member of the provincial council in Farah, said four policemen, including the deputy provincial police chief, were also wounded in the attack on a police convoy on Sunday afternoon near Lash wa Juwayn district. Qaneh said the newly appointed chief was also killed. Another council member, Abdul Samad Salehi, said the convoy was on its way to the district to introduce newly appointed district police chief when it came under attack. Afghan army boosts security efforts after election attacks. The Taliban, who in recent years have taken over nearly half of Afghanistan, claimed responsibility for the attack. It was the latest in a series of brutal, near-daily Taliban assaults on Afghan military and security forces throughout the country. On Friday, an explosion hit a mosque inside an army base in eastern Khost province, killing at least 26 and injuring dozens of others. A recent report by the US watchdog, Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), said that since 2015, nearly 30,000 Afghan soldiers and officers have been killed, contributing to the high rate of attrition and low morale among the security forces. In the third quarter of 2018, the number of soldiers and police deployed across Afghanistan fell to 312,328 - nearly 9,000 fewer than only a year ago, and the lowest level for any comparable period since 2012. Estimated figures for 2015 show 5,000 killed that year, with the remainder of the 28,529 casualties dying since then. Casualty figures for Afghan forces have been kept under wraps since 2017 at the request of Kabul, but NATO's Resolute Support mission in Afghanistan recently told SIGAR that this summer's toll was worse than ever. [i]Source: Agencies[/i]
European Council President Donald Tusk has recommended that the EU approve the Brexit deal at a summit on Sunday. It comes after Spanish PM Pedro Sanchez received assurances from the UK government over Gibraltar, and dropped his threat to boycott the summit. He said he had received the written guarantees he needed over Spain's role in the future of the British territory. UK Prime Minister Theresa May has arrived in Brussels and held talks with top EU officials, ahead of the summit. Meanwhile, former UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said the UK would become a "satellite state" under the deal. The UK is scheduled to leave the EU on 29 March 2019. The terms of the UK's withdrawal have been under negotiation since June 2016 following a referendum in which 51.9% voted to leave the EU. Even if the EU approves the deal, it still has to be passed by the UK Parliament, with many MPs having stated their opposition. Spain had raised last-minute objections ahead of the summit about how the issue of Gibraltar had been handled in the Brexit talks so far. [i]Agencies[/i]
A US federal judge has blocked an order issued by President Trump to deny asylum to migrants crossing the southern US border illegally. US District Judge Jon Tigar in San Francisco issued the temporary restraining order after hearing arguments by civil rights groups. Mr Trump signed the order earlier this month in response to the migrant caravan moving towards the border. He cited national interest concerns but was opposed by civil rights groups. They brought the San Francisco case, arguing his decision was illegal. Thousands of migrants from across Central America have been travelling north for weeks towards the US-Mexico border. They say they are fleeing persecution, poverty and violence in their home countries of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. In the run-up to the US mid-term elections, President Trump said many of the migrants were criminals, called the caravan an invasion, and ordered troops to the border. He also repeatedly suggested it was politically motivated. Judge Tigar, in his ruling, said current legislation made it clear that any foreigner arriving in the US "whether or not at a designated port of arrival" could apply for asylum. He said Mr Trump's proclamation on 9 November was an "extreme departure" from prior practice. "Whatever the scope of the president's authority, he may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden," Judge Tigar added. He was responding in a case brought by The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Center for Constitutional Rights. The judge's restraining order comes into immediate effect and remains until a court hearing in December to decide on the case. President Trump's proclamation on 9 November said anyone wanted to claim asylum in the US had to come in through official points of entry - and their cases would not be heard if they entered illegally. The ban was to last 90 days or until the US reached an agreement with Mexico to turn back asylum-seekers. Under US law, there is a legal obligation to hear asylum claims from migrants if they say they fear violence in their home countries - regardless of how they have entered the country. The Trump administration said the president had the power to "suspend the entry of all aliens" and to impose "any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate on them" if they were judged to be "detrimental" to US interests under the Immigration and Nationality Act. "Today, we are using the authority granted to us by Congress to bar aliens who violate a presidential suspension of entry or other restriction from asylum eligibility," a statement said at the time. [i]Source: BBC[/i]
An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five may have died from acute malnutrition in three years of war in Yemen, a leading charity says. The number is equivalent to the entire under-five population in the UK's second largest city of Birmingham, Save the Children adds. The UN warned last month that up to 14m Yemenis are on the brink of famine. It is trying to revive talks to end a three-year war which has caused the world's worst humanitarian crisis. Yemen has been devastated by the conflict. Fighting escalated in 2015 when a Saudi-led coalition launched an air campaign against the Houthi rebel movement which had forced President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi to flee abroad. At least 6,800 civilians have been killed and 10,700 injured in the war, according to the UN. The fighting and a partial blockade by the coalition have also left 22 million people in need of humanitarian aid, created the world's largest food security emergency, and led to a cholera outbreak that has affected 1.2 million people. It is difficult to get an exact number of deaths. Aid workers in Yemen say many go unreported because only half of the country's health facilities are functioning and many people are too poor to access the ones that remain open. Save the Children says it based its figures on mortality rates for untreated cases of Severe Acute Malnutrition in children under five from data compiled by the UN. According to conservative estimates, it calculated that around 84,700 children may have died between April 2015 and October 2018. [i]Agencies[/i]